Tim-Bor Insecticide and Fungicide - 1.5 lb
Low Shipping Prices To Choose From
Tim-Bor Insecticide Fungicide - 1.5 lb
Timbor s used for the control of carpenter ants - drywood termites - wood decay fungi and wood boring beetles. It is a water-soluble borate powder that can be applied as a dust- spray- foam or mist onto wood and cellulosic materials or inside wall voids cracks and crevices. Depending on the moisture content of the materials - the liquid solution will penetrate to create a protective envelope- acting as a preservative- insecticide and fungicide. The dust provides an additional layer of protection by killing carpenter ants - drywood alates and adult wood boring beetles that enter the structure and pass through it.
At a Glance :
Water-soluble borate powder for use as a dust- liquid or foam
- Prevents and controls drywood termites - wood decay fungi- carpenter ants - old house borers and powderpost beetles
- Wont discolor or stain wood surfaces
- Wont corrode screws - nails and other components used in construction
- Use to treat wood in conjunction with other termite treatments - such as a termite bait application or a soil treatment (not labeled as a primary new construction termite treatment)
Use as a replacement for fumigation or as an add-on to fumigation to provide residual protection
- Works best when wood has higher moisture content.
- Highly effective amp- economical
- Virtually odorless
- For interior and exterior use
- Manufactured with a concern for the environment
Tim-bor Professional is an efficient- fast and economical way to treat a structure for target pests. It can be used as a wood preservative- fungicide and insecticide on its own or in conjunction with other treatments as a supplement. Tim-bor Professional can be applied as a dust- spray- foam or mist onto wood and cellulose materials or inside wall voids - cracks and crevices.
The active ingredient in Tim-bor Professional is Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate (DOT)- a natural mineral salt with a low mammalian toxicity and no known resistance.
DOT is a natural form of elemental boron- which is essential for the healthy growth of plants and believed important in human calcium metabolism. Because animals and humans simply take what they need from their diet and rapidly excrete any excess via the kidneys - DOT has a low acute toxicity. As a result- Tim-bor Professional is about half as toxic as sodium chloride or table salt (in a laboratory setting)- but very effective against insects and fungi that do not have the same excretion mechanisms.